Smart Tech Solutions For Better Care and Quality of Life
Advanced Technology For Any Age and Any Stage In Your Care Or Wellness Journey
View Our Products and Services
Knute Nelson can connect seniors in West Central Minnesota to advanced tools that promote an integrated care continuum and allow you to receive better, more immediate, more informed health care no matter what stage of life you are at. These cutting-edge tools and technological solutions are available in a variety of formats and settings, including in-home care and in our award-winning senior care settings.
Personal Emergency Response System
Age in place gracefully and with confidence in your personal emergency response systems. These advanced tools use the latest in technology and communications but are simple and easy for almost anyone to use.
Are you or a loved one at high risk for falling? Falling is one of the most common issues that sends older adults to the emergency room, and many falls result in serious injuries and even death. Based on the chances of it happening, it can be extremely beneficial to have a personal emergency response system in place.
Personal emergency response systems supplied by Knute Nelson allow anyone to call emergency services in case of a fall, sudden issue, or more. They provide an immediate response if a problem occurs, no matter when or where it may happen.
These personal emergency pendants operate on a 4G AT&T network for dependable coverage and feature real-time GPS tracking, fall detection, an SOS alarm button, a two-way voice connection, and 24-7 monitoring/response, and a client-directed calling tree.
Using your personal emergency response system is easy:
- Simply press the big red button when you need help
- Your emergency contact information is sent to our emergency response center, and a trained emergency operation will promptly and securely contact you through your device
- The operator will make a determination about what response is needed
- The operator coordinates care with the appropriate responder based on specific needs, with that responder possibly including a trained and certified emergency services caregiver, a family member, or even a trusted, preselected, and notified neighbor.
Enjoy Proper Medication Dispensing with the Medication Machine
Are you or a loved one having difficulty taking your meds? Our pill dispenser medication machine can help ease this worry by letting you easily manage several medications from one simple machine. Stop worrying about taking too many pills or taking them too often. This locked automatic pill dispenser offers security, control, and insight that allows for the dispensing of the correct medications at the correct time. This significantly improves a patient’s medication adherence and allows you to stay in your home for longer.
These medication dispensers are perfect for those who:
- Take multiple medications each day
- Have a complicated medication schedule
- Have a med schedule that changes frequently
- May occasionally forget to take medication
Telehealth, Remote Wellbeing Monitoring, and Social Connection Service Packages
Complete Wellness Model
This package includes daily vitals monitoring by a nurse with a call "alert" to the patient or their caregiver if the vitals are outside of the range of identified by the physician. This model includes:
- Dedicated and easy to use electronic tablet and vital sign monitoring equipment
- Vital signs monitoring such as blood pressure, pulse oximetry, scale, and wound imaging
- A nurse to call if vital signs are outside of physician-ordered parameters
- A telehealth nurse who will contact your physician if you vital signs are outside of their pre-set parameters
- Medication reminders: an alert if the client doesn't check off that they took the medications
- Preloaded educational tools to view at your leisure that teach you about safe and healthy living habits
- Daily COVID-19 screening
- Family and friends socialization tools through the use of video, text, or calls that use an integrated app.
- Health engagement opportunities that can be accessed through the platform
Basic Wellness Model
In this pared-down model, the patient provides their own smartphone or tablet that has a dependable Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection. Mobile connect services from Knute Nelson include weekly video visits with telehealth nurses, although no vital signs monitoring is included in this more affordable package. Features are facilitated through the use of the app that connects the user to the virtual telehealth program. There is also the option for two scheduled visits per month, with each visit lasting a maximum of 20 minutes. Patients can also engage in family and friends socialization through video, text, or calling features that are built into the app and easy to use.
Optional A La Carte Services
Patients or caregivers can secure these additional services:
- Additional visits outside of your package that includes a 20-minute call with a nurse
- COVID-19 daily screening
Tools That Promote Healthy Aging and Better Living
Senior living tech made available by Knute Nelson puts simple and effective technology into your hands - literally. These easy to use digital tools provide enhanced care and health monitoring by showing key health metrics such as heart rate, breath rate, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, daily step count, daily calories burned, body temperature, and current weight.
We're On a Mission To Provide You With Better Care
Knute Nelson remains on the cutting edge of providing clients like you with advanced tools that make life easier and help protect your health. Despite this, we have not forgotten about the importance of personal caring and the need to have a dependable, empathetic caregiving team on your side. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help ease the aging process.