Short-term respite stays in West Central MN
You need to care for yourself in order to care for your loved one. Respite care gives you time to do just that. Caregiving is rewarding and fulfilling but can also be stressful, and the danger of burnout is real.
Our respite care in West Central Minnesota is a short-term stay for seniors, often at an assisted-living facility for seven-plus days (with no maximum). Sample uses of respite care include:
- A transition from hospital to home after surgery or a health setback
- Caregiver relief (time away in order for R&R, business travel, household tasks, etc.)
- Short-term respite stay for individuals who don't qualify for a Medicare Part A skilled care stay
If you would like to learn more about respite stay at Knute Nelson communities, please contact us by calling (320) 763-1189 or request more information by filling out a form here.
Respite care includes:
- Private, furnished apartment
- Personal pendant call system
- 24-hour on-site staff
- Activities and events
- Laundry and housekeeping
- Medication management
- Help with dressing and showering
- Frequent check-ins by staff
How a respite stay helps your loved one:
- Meet new people
- Change of pace
- Personalized care
- Access to an array of engaging activities
- Non-threatening way to try out assisted living
Signs you may need a break:
- Trouble sleeping
- Depression and fatigue
- New health issues or worsening of old ones
- Urge to neglect your caregiving duties
- Lack of interest in hobbies and pastimes
- Tendency to overeat or smoke or drink excessively
Respite Stay Locations
Grand Arbor by Knute Nelson
Grand Arbor by Knute Nelson is located in Alexandria, MN. Learn more about Grand Arbor.
Nelson Gables by Knute Nelson
Nelson Gables by Knute Nelson is located in Alexandria, MN. Learn more about Nelson Gables.
Crystal Brook Senior Living
Crystal Brook Senior Living is located in Park Rapids, MN. Learn more about Crystal Brook here.
Knute Nelson Care Center
Knute Nelson Care Center is located in Alexandria, MN, and offers long-term care and short-term rehab. Learn more about the Care Center.