New Tools and Tech Make Staying at Home a Reality for Seniors
March 30th, 2021
By Danielle Andersen
Knute Nelson Offers Affordable, Intuitive Tools that Improve Care at Home
Staying in your home as you age, instead of moving into a managed care or assisted living facility – is becoming easier than ever thanks to recent breakthroughs in technology and a host of new products on the market.
These products and technologies can perform a host of functions, from handling communication with a senior’s care staff to enabling alert notifications and making the sometimes-complicated process of taking medications easier to follow.
These tools and tech and more are all offered by Knute Nelson, which for decades has led the senior care market in Minnesota with a wide variety of solutions for home health care.
Let’s look at some of these exciting new tools:
- Chronic disease management with nursing and telehealth: Smart tech solutions for better care and quality of life include a complete wellness model with a dedicated and easy to use electronic table and vital sign monitoring kit. This kit monitors blood pressure, weight, allows medication reminders, and permits daily health screening, quick and easy collaboration with care providers, and family connect and engagement options.
- Therapy to improve strength and balance: Knute Nelson’s therapists can prescribe and assist with simple at-home exercises, many of which can be performed while seated, that help improve strength and balance and lead to reduced falls and injuries.
- Home modifications and equipment recommendations: Knute Nelson’s caring professionals can assess a senior’s living space and make recommendations for making it safer, including installing grab bars, fixing problem flooring, installing non-slip mats, and more.
- Medication management: There are now attractive, affordable, easy to use pill dispensers that eliminate the danger of missed meds or taking meds at the wrong times. These include light and sound notifications.
- Emergency call pendants: A staple for years, emergency call pendants are highly useful when seniors fall or need assistance. Worn around the neck and activated by pushing a single button, these pendants provide mobile medical alert assistance and can also sense when the client has a fall. GPS information is also available through the pendant.
- Maybe your loved one simply needs help with household tasks? Knute Nelson has staff who can help with many household tasks, including cleaning, cooking, companionship, shopping, and more.