How Hospice Can Help Improve Choice and Reduce Costs For End of Life Care
Mar 24, 2020 by Contributor
There are many questions surrounding getting a loved one into the right care for hospice. Where do you go? Which choice is right for my loved one?
Here are a list of questions to ask when choosing a hospice agency:
- Does the hospice agency accept my insurance?
- How long has the hospice been servicing patients?
- What hospice services and support services are provided?
- Does the hospice team have help after busines hours? Nights? Weekends? Holidays?
- How will the hospice team manage my loved ones pain or other symptoms that arise?
- When I call with an urgent need, how long will it take for the hospice team to respond?
- How will the hospice team keep me and my family informed about our loved ones condition?
- How do I communicate my questions or concerns I have about care?
- How will the hospice team prepare me and my family for what to expect?
- What if we cannot take care of our loved one at home?
- How will the hospice team support us emotionally through the grieving process?
89% of family caregivers who would definitely recommend Knute Nelson hospice agency to friends and family.
Learn more about Knute Nelson Hospice services and what's covered by insurance.