DCHS Hotdish Bake Off
Feb 4, 2019 by Danielle Andersen
Knute Nelson was pleased to participate in the Douglas County Historial Society (DCHS) Hotdish Bake-Off event! Thanks to a recipe from our Nelson Gables campus, attendees voted us as the first place hotdish winner.
Here is our recipe:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Hotdish
- 8 cups Rotini Noodles
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 4 cups Simple Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup of Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 1/2 cup of Bacon - separate
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Topping- 2 cups of shredded cheese and 1/2 cup of chopped bacon
- Cook 8 cups of rotini noodles until tender, set aside.
- Cook 4 chicken breasts thoroughly, season lightly, cool and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Cool and chop well. Reserve 1/2 cup of chopped bacon for the topping.
- Mix rotini, chopped chicken, homemade alfredo sauce, homemade ranch dressing and 1 cup of bacon crumbles gently together.
- Place in a baking pan and bake at 350 for 30 mins.
- Garnish with remaining bacon and 2 cups of shredded cheese. Place bake in the oven until cheese is melted.